Punctuate the sentences by adding commas or periods. Do not add any words. Capitalize where necessary.
1. A thermometer is used to measure temperature a barometer measures air pressure.
2. Daniel made many promises but he had no intention of keeping them.
3. I always enjoyed mathematics in high school so I decided to major in it in college.
4. Anna is in serious legal trouble for she had no car insurance at the time of the accident.
5. Last night Martha had to study for a test so she went to the library.
6. The ancient Egyptians had good dentists archaeologists have found mummies that had gold fillings in their teeth.
7. Both John and I had many errands to do yesterday John had to go to the post office and the bookstore I had to go to the post office the travel agency and the bank.
8. I did not like the leading actor yet the movie was quite good on the whole.
9. The team of researchers has not finished compiling the statistics yet their work will not be made public until later.
10. We have nothing to fear for our country is strong and united.
Các bài viết liên quan:
- Exercise: Nouns and adjectives ( part 3 )
- Exercise: Modal verbs-answer
- Exercise: Verb review ( part 2 )
- Key: Be able to ( part 2 )
- Exercise: Pronouns ( part 5 )
- Exercise: Connecting ideas-Part 6
- Key: Verb tenses in adverb clauses of time
- Key: Showing contrast: Punctuation
- Key: Using the fact that
- Exercise: Adverbs ( part 2 )
- Key: Comparisons with adverbs.
- Key: Verb forms in adverb clauses-Part 2
- Key: Adverbial clauses (mệnh đề trạng ngữ)
- Key: Linking verbs; adjectives and adverbs 1
- Key: Using articles