Correct the mistakes.
Potato are grown in most country. They are one of the most widely grown vegetable in the world.
They are very versatile; they can be prepared in may different way. French fry are popular almost
everywhere. Besides frying it, potato can be baked or boiled. The other way people use potatoes is
to make potato flour for making bread and another kinds of dishes. Its also possible to make
alcoholic beverages from potato. There are still other ways potatoes are used by commercial food
processor to make product such as potato chip and freeze-dried potato.
Potato originated in South America, where it were cultivated by the Incas as early as 5000 year
ago. It is believed that potatoes were the worlds first freeze-dried food. Over 4000years ago the
Incas carried his harvested potato up into the mountains and spread them on the ground to freeze
overnight. After the sun came up and heated the potatoes the next day, the Incas squeezed the water
out of the potatoes by stepping on it. This process were repeated for four or five day until almost
all the moisture was gone from the potatoes. The Incas then dried the potatoes and stored it in pot.
Some Indians of South America still does this today.
(Tư liệu tham khảo: Betty Schrampfer Azar. Understanding and Using English Grammar.3rd ed).
Các bài viết liên quan:
- Key: Sentence review
- Exercise: Conditional clauses-part 2
- Key: Using-ever words
- Exercise: Using in case and in the event that
- Key: Questions with "will" ( part 2 )
- Exercise: Yes/ no and information questions-Part 2
- Exercise: Preposition combinations-Part 6
- Exercise: Gerund or to-infinitive-Part 2
- Exercise: Irregular verbs : Group 2 ( part 2 ).
- Key: Repeated action: "would"
- Exercise: Using "the" / "a" / "an"
- Key: Connecting ideas-Part 6
- Key: Tenses ( part 1 )
- Key: Yes/No questions with be
- Exercise: Information questions-Part 1