Collapse
X
  • Bộ lọc
  • Thời gian
  • Hiển thị
Clear All
bài viết mới

• Exercise: Repeated action: "would"

Complete the sentences using would and the verbs in the list. Use each verb only once. Include any words in parentheses.
    bring drive listen throw
    call fall take wipe
    come knock tell yell
    1. My father never liked to talk on the phone. Whenever it rang, he (always) …………., “I’m not here!” Usually, he was only joking and …...….to the phone when it was for him.

2. I’ll always remember Miss Emerson, my fifth grade teacher. Sometimes a student ………….asleep in her class. Whenever that happened, Miss Emerson………….a piece of chalk at the student!

3. Until we finally had a long talk about it, my Aunt Pat (never) ………….before coming over. In fact, she ( not even) ………….on the door. She would just walk right in and catch us all by surprise.

4. I have fond childhood memories of my Uncle Joe. Whenever he came to visit, he ( always) ………….me a little present.

5. When our kids were still living at home, I liked to go out to eat with my family. On every payday, I………….the family to some restaurant for dinner.

6. People acquire strange habits. For example, my Uncle Oscar, who lived with us when I was a child, (always) ………….his plate with his napkin whenever he sat down to a meal.

7. I’ll never forget evenings spent with my grandparents when I was a child. My grandmother………….stories of her childhood seventy years ago, and we………….intently and question her for every detail.

8. When I was a salesman, it seemed to me that I was in my car most of the time. I………….to work to pick up my schedule, and then go from place to place all day, calling on small business.

(Tư liệu tham khảo: Betty Schrampfer Azar. Understanding and Using English Grammar.3rd ed)

Key
    Sửa lần cuối bởi vip.pro.11; 24-03-2017, 14:56.
Working...
X