Collapse
X
  • Bộ lọc
  • Thời gian
  • Hiển thị
Clear All
bài viết mới

• Exercise: Froms of modals

Complete the sentences with the appropriate form of the words in parentheses. Add not if necessary for a sentence to make sense.

1. A: Where’s Ann?
    B: I don’t know. She (could + visit) ………….her aunt and uncle right now. She usually visits them every Friday evening.

2. You (should + watch) ………….the movie on TV tonight. I highly recommend it. It’s a classic.

3. I heard a loud crash in the next room. When I walked in, I found a brick on the floor, and the window was broken. Someone (must+throw) ………….the brick through the window.

4. Jack is in the employee lounge drinking coffee. He (should+work) ………….on his report right now. It’s due at 3:00 this afternoon. He ( should + waste) ………….his time in the employee lounge.

5. Do you hear the guitar music ? Carla ( must + play) ………….her guitar.

6. A: I need to see Tom. Where is he?
    B: In his room. Knock on his door softly. He ( might + take) ………….a nap.

7. Michael wanted to go to the opera, but he put off buying a ticket, and now they’re all sold. He ( should + buy) ………….his ticket weeks ago. He ( should +wait) ………….until now to try to get a ticket.

8. Bob was stopped by a police officer last night. He ( must + drive) ………….too fast when she clocked him on her radar. She gave him a speeding ticket.

9. The staff ( must + plan) ………….very well for the luncheon. There are still about ten people waiting to eat, and there’s not enough food left.

10. A: Where’s your bicycle?
    B: I don’t know. One of my friends ( may + borrow) ………….it. Gee, I hope it wasn’t stolen. Maybe Sally borrowed it.
    A: Sally? She ( could + borrow) ………….it. She has a broken leg. Why would she want to borrow your bicycle?

11. George didn’t do very well on the test because he didn’t understand what he was supposed to do. He ( could + listen) ………….very carefully when the teacher gave the directions.

12. A: Joan wa really upset when she found out that someone had told Alan about the surprise birthday party she gave him last night. She thinks Joe told him.
    B: Joe ( could + tell) ………….him about it. He was out of town until just before the party. He barely got there in time from the airport.

13. A: Art has two full-time jobs this summer to make some money for school in the fall. He ( must + have) ………….very much time to rest and do other things.
    B: That might explain why no one answered the door when I stopped by his house a little while ago. He ( must + sleep) ………….

14. A: Kathy just bought a new car, and now she’s looking for a new apartment.
    B: She ( must + make) ………….a lot of money in her new job.

(Tư liệu tham khảo: Betty Schrampfer Azar. Understanding and Using English Grammar.3rd ed)
    Key
    Sửa lần cuối bởi vip.pro.11; 24-03-2017, 15:16.
Working...
X