Collapse
X
  • Bộ lọc
  • Thời gian
  • Hiển thị
Clear All
bài viết mới

• Exercise: Forms of other-part 1

Use a form of other to complete the sentences.

1. Budapest, Hungary, is actually two cities. On the side of the Danube River lies Buda, and

directly across from it, on ……………..side of the river, lies Pest.

2. Most of the candidates who will take the qualifying examination in May will probably pass the

first time. ……………..will have ……………..chance next month.

3. Some people like to take vacations in the mountains. ……………..prefer the seashore. Some

people like to drive from place to place; ……………..people prefer to get to their destinations as

quicklyas possible. Although many people like to travel on their vacations, many

……………..prefer to just stay at home.

4. The Wolcott twins are identical. In ……………..words, they look alike. But they also think alike.

Sometimes when one begins a sentence, ……………..one finishes it.

5. One of the most important inventions in the history of the world was the printing press.

……………..was the electric light. ……………..were the telephone, the television, and the computer.

6. To avoid competitive disadvantages, professional boxers are classified by weight groups. There

are over a dozen different weight classes. One is called the flyweight group. ……………..are the

featherweight, middleweight, and heavyweight groups.

7. The committee meets every ……………..Monday.

8. Joe and Frank, detectives in the police department, work as a team. They work well with each ……………..

9. The car I bought last year has turned out to be a real lemon! I’ll never buy……………..one of the

same make.

10. My report is due today, but I need ……………..two days to finish it.

11. Some babies begin talking as early as six months; ……………..don’t speak until they are more

than two years old.

(Tư liệu tham khảo: Betty Schrampfer Azar. Understanding and Using English Grammar.3rd ed).
    Key
    Sửa lần cuối bởi vip.pro.11; 24-03-2017, 15:57.
Working...
X