Collapse
X
  • Bộ lọc
  • Thời gian
  • Hiển thị
Clear All
bài viết mới

• Exercise: Expressions of quantity

Complete the sentences with much or many. Give the plural forms of the nouns as necessary. Choose the correct singular or plural verb as necessary.

1. How ……………watch……………does the average person own?

2. How ……………jewelry ……………do you usually wear?

3. How ……………tooth……………do babies usually have when they’re born?

4. How ……………bread……………is/are there in the bread drawer?

5. I don’t know ……………American slang ……………

6.Tending young children takes too ……………patience ……………for me. I’m better at spending time with young adults.

7. How…………… video……………do you usually rent during a month?

8. My hair is all frizzy today. There is/are ……………humidity ……………in the air.

9. The lawyers interviewed ……………witness……………to the crime.

10. I haven’t done ……………traveling ……………in the last few years.

11. We visited ……………village……………on our trek that were without running water.

12. They didn’t have ……………fun ……………when they were children because they were forced to work from sunup to sundown.

13. Pedro hasn’t made ……………progress……………in improving his English because he speaks Spanish with his friends all day long.

14. Our car is old and lazy. He doesn’t catch ……………mouse……………

15. There isn’t/aren’t ……………news ……………in the paper this morning about the hurricane in Costa Rica.

16. Captain Cook had ……………adventure ……………during his sailing trips.

17. There was/were so ……………smog ……………in Los Angeles yesterday that you couldn’t see any of the hills or mountains from the city.

18. I didn’t know ……………grammar ……………before taking this course. I’m not familiar with ……………grammar textbook.

19. The streets in the downtown area of my city are no longer safe. There is/are too ……………car thief ……………, mugger ……………, and pickpocket ……………

20. There isn’t/aren’t ……………information ……………of ……………importance in some daily newspapers.

21. How ……………active volcano ……………is/are there in the world today?

22. Politicians give ……………speech ……………during their careers.

(Tài liệu tham khảo: Betty Schrampfer Azar. Understanding and Using English Grammar.3rd ed.)
    Key
    Sửa lần cuối bởi vip.pro.06; 24-03-2017, 11:34.
Working...
X