Collapse
X
  • Bộ lọc
  • Thời gian
  • Hiển thị
Clear All
bài viết mới

• Exercise: Using articles

Complete the sentences with a/an, the, or o/.

1. ……………lightning is……………Flash of light. It is usually followed by……………thunder.

2. Last night we had……………terrible storm. Our children were frightened by……………thunder.

3. ……………circles are……………round geometric figures.

4. ……………circle with……………slash drawn through it is an international symbol meaning “Do not do this!”. For example, ……………circle in……………illustration means “No Smoking”.

5. ……………milk I put on my cereal this morning was sour because someone forgot to put it in
    ……………refrigerator after dinner last night.

6. ……………milk is an important source……………of protein and……………calcium.

7. ……………wisdom comes more from……………understanding than from……………knowledge.

8. I always appreciate……………wisdom of my brother’s advice.

9. In class yesterday, I sat next to two women. ……………woman on my right had……………right answer to……………teacher’s question about verb forms.

10. Maria is……………independent young woman who knows her own mind.

11. Have you met Mr. and Mrs. Smith? Mrs. Smith used to be……………teacher, but now she is ……………computer programmer. Mr. Smith is……………architect. The Smiths used to live in ……………apartment, but recently they have built……………house.

12. Frank Lloyd Wright is ……………name of……………famous architect. He is……………architect who designed the Guggenheim Museum in New York. He also designed……………hotel in Tokyo. ……………hotel was designed to withstand ……………earthquakes.

13. According to today’s paper, the mayor has appointed ……………committee to study what improvements need to be made in the city. ……………committee, which plans to continue its study through the rest of this year, will discuss……………following proposals: (1) to build ……………new sewage disposal plant and (2) to creta ……………new park. In ……………present proposal, ……………new park would have ……………swimming pool.

14. The large oak tree growing at ……………southeast of Vine Avenue and Pine Street has been……………landmark since pioneer days. Unfortunately, it was shattered by ……………bolt of lightning during the thunderstorm last night.

15. My uncle’s hobby is resoring ……………ols cars. Right now he’s working on ……………1922 automobile. It’s ……………antique car and has great value.

16. My aunt’s new car has ……………power windows, ……………cassette player, and ……………multi-adjustable driver’s seat.

17. Patty is my ten-year old daughter. She likes to play ……………jokes on people. Yesterday she put ……………frog into ……………lunchbox she saw sitting on ……………table in ……………school lunchroom.

18. Long-term exposure to……………sunbetween 10 A.M and 3 P.M can be harmful. ……………person’s skin will eventually become wrinkled and more susceptible to ……………cancer.

19. Yesterday I locked my keys in my car. Using ……………coat hanger, I tried to reach ……………lock inside ……………window next to ……………driver’s seat, but I couldn’t get ……………door to unlock. I throught about calling ……………police, but finally decided to call my wife. I suggested she take ……………taxi and bring her keys to open ……………car for me.

20. We flew to Dallas and then rented ……………car. On ……………second day we had ……………car, it would’t start, so the rental agency provided us with another one.

21. Mary is wearing ……………beautiful ring today. It is made of ……………fold and ……………rubies. ……………gold in her ring was mined in Canada. ……………rubies came from Burma.

22. One of the first things you need to do when you move to ……………new city is to find ……………place to live. Most ……………newspapers carry ……………advertisements (called “want ads”) for ……………apartment will probably contain ……………stove and ……………refrigerator. It will also probably have ……………furniture such as ……………beds, ……………tables, chairs, and maybe ……………sofa.

23. My wife and I have recently moved to this city. Since we’re going to be here for only ……………short time, we’re renting……………furnished apartment. We decided that we didn’t want to bring our own furniture with us. ……………apartment is in ……………good location, but that’s about the only good thing I can say about it. Only one burner on ……………stove works. ……………refrigerator is noisy, and ……………refrigerator door won’t stay closed unless we tape it shut. ……………bed sags in the middle and creaks. All of the rest of ……………furniture is old and decrepit too. Nevertheless, we’re still enjoying living in this city. We may have to look for ……………another apartment, however.

24. This sentence is ……………last sentence in this exercise. This is ……………end of the exercise.

(Tài liệu tham khảo: Betty Schrampfer Azar. Understanding and Using English Grammar.3rd ed)
    Key
    Sửa lần cuối bởi vip.pro.06; 24-03-2017, 11:40.
Working...
X